Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 9, 2010

Why do we have to label Americans?

You know it seems today that everybody has to be something other than just an American. You got Chinese-Americans, Japanese-Americans, African-Americans, Mexican-Americans and everything else under the sun. Then you have Anglo Saxons, Europeans, of course that’s if you’re white. Then there are Asian if you are from that region, and then just plain Mexican if you are from that region, and so on and so on.

What ever happened to just being American. I don’t know about the rest of you but I was born here in the USA, so that makes me an American, not Anglo Saxon, Russian American, German American or anything else. My grandfather fought in WW2, and I have other ancestors that have fought in WW1, the Civil War and so on.

If you were born here and your parents were born here then you are an American so get over it. I have no problem with people wanting to respect where they came from, but if you didn’t just get off the boat or plane from the spear chunking world of Africa your not an African-American, you’re an American.

Another thing when you get here learn the freaking language, don’t expect us to learn yours for you. I tell you if you go to another country you’ll be lucky to find someone that speaks English.

No comments: